ASCM (APICS) is the world's leading association for supply chain management, providing education and certification programs.
The concept of Six Sigma is that appropriate measurement of the correct variables will lead you to an understanding of how those variables impact the quality of your process. Learning how a process must be documented, understanding the Cause and Effect relationships of aspects of the process and how the process can fail, gives a company the information they need to reduce the variability in their processes. As you reduce variability the quality of the product coming out of the process gets better for less cost.
In this One-day seminar we will study the DMAIC process: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control. We will focus on the concepts and the skills that are necessary to implement and use Six Sigma to move the quality of your processes toward World Class. We will use exercises to help you understand the key components of this Process Improvement Engine.
Benefits to your company for attending this workshop and understanding how Six Sigma is used to improve your process:
- Understanding of Cost Reduction Opportunities
- Insight into the cost of Implementing Six-Sigma versus the opportunity costs of denying change
- Using Basic tools to get started at once
- Knowing how Control Charts work
- Knowing how data should be collected
- Understanding Business Graphs
- Knowing the concepts used in Process Analysis
- Improved and more consistent business processes
Available Courses and Exams
Currently there are no available courses For additional information or requests for Inhouse course, please contact us
Major Topics of the Day:
- Defining the Process and the Process Customers
- Measurement Basics
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Data Collection
- Process Analysis
- 6 Sigma and Lean Concepts
- Green Belt/Black Belt
Who should attend?
- Key Managers who are interested in starting a Six Sigma Process
- Team members from a new Six Sigma Team
- People who want to make their process more robust
Course format: Multimedia presentation on the topic, combined with a diverse set of practical examples from the lecturer's practice and different companies. Discussion on the topics and individual cases from participants, as well as practical exercises.
Length: one or two days.
How we offer the course: The course is offered both in a public format (everyone can attend) and as an inhouse course. The content can be customized to suit your company's needs.
Certificate: Symix APICS Premier Channel Partner issues a certificate for completion of the course.
Type: Non-certification course. Students do not take an exam for APICS certification.
Working language: English. Translation and translated materials can be delivered on demand.
Instructor: the training is led by an instructor, certified by APCIS.