ASCM (APICS) is the world's leading association for supply chain management, providing education and certification programs.
Process Maps are the detailed, step by step, listing of process steps to successfully complete a process. The amount of detail is variable based on what level of the process you are working to improve. If you are mapping the entire supply chain for your major product, you will use a different scale than if you are detailing a specific operation in a manufacturing process. We will work with three levels of detail and we will create a Cause and Effect Matrix from one of the maps that we create. We will then simulate a Failure Modes and Effects Analysis based on our Cause and Effect Matrix.
This One-day workshop will allow the attendees to create tools that they will be able to take back to their work place and use immediately. We will use Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Visio in this workshop. Copies of the work created will be given to each attendee if he or she brings a reasonable device to which it can be saved.
Major Topics of the Day:
- Pictorial Process Maps
- SIPOC – The Six Sigma Process Map
- Cause and Effect Analysis (C&E)
- Ishikawa Charts
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Available Courses and Exams
Currently there are no available courses For additional information or requests for Inhouse course, please contact us
Benefits to your company for attending this workshop and understanding how these tools work:
- Understand how to map the “As-Is” Process
- Understand how to analyze and change your Process Map
- Learn the Relationship between Supplier-Input-Process-Output-Customer
- Learn how to use the Fish Bone Diagram
- Create a Cause and Effect Matrix (C&E)
- Use the information in your C&E to start your FMEA
- Learn the difference between a C&E FMEA and a Design FMEA
- You will be able to make improvements at once
Who should attend:
- Team members who will be working on Six Sigma Projects
- Engineers and Supervisory personnel who need to make process changes
- Managers who need a tool to help them define the pathway to improvement
Join us for a fun, yet intensely educational workshop.
Course format: Multimedia presentation on the topic, combined with a diverse set of practical examples from the lecturer's practice and different companies. Discussion on the topics and individual cases from participants, as well as practical exercises.
Length: one or two days.
How we offer the course: The course is offered both in a public format (everyone can attend) and as an inhouse course. The content can be customized to suit your company's needs.
Certificate: Symix APICS Premier Channel Partner issues a certificate for completion of the course.
Type: Non-certification course. Students do not take an exam for APICS certification.
Working language: English. Translation and translated materials can be delivered on demand.
Instructor: the training is led by an instructor, certified by APCIS.