ASCM (APICS) is the world's leading association for supply chain management, providing education and certification programs.
In today’s business environment most of us find ourselves involved in projects. Sometimes they are the breakthrough moment in our career and sometimes they are the breakdown moment in our life. Projects can bring high stress and long hours to our work life. Many companies have found that although there is a great deal of stress involved, there is also a great deal of improvement that happens in a relatively brief period and results improve quickly when well run projects are completed.
This class will review the key opportunities within a project. We will talk about managing the key interfaces and getting your plan on track. We will discuss the phases of Preparation, Negotiation, Performance, and Assurance. We will discuss the tools that we use like Gantt Charts, Critical Path, Critical Chain, PERT, and others. We will look at how tools like Microsoft Project can help us do a better job.
In this One-day seminar we will study how you can succeed at managing projects successfully. We will look at common failures, communication up, down, and across levels. We will look at team selection and budgeting, resource planning, and how to “make do” when you don’t get everything you want or need.
- Writing the Project Chapter
- Creating the Project Plan
- Negotiating the scope and keeping to it
- Budgeting and recruiting resources to make your project team functional
- Working with your team and your sponsor
- Predefinition of success factors and levels as a way to insure success
Available Courses and Exams
Currently there are no available courses For additional information or requests for Inhouse course, please contact us
Benefits to your company for attending this workshop and understanding how Project Management can work in your company:
- Higher return and quicker improvements in multiple areas
- Greater return on investment
- More control of change and its impacts
- Improve profitability through higher level of competitiveness in more aspects of your Business Plan
Who should attend:
- Managers who want their Project Teams to perform at a higher level
- Management Teams who want to drive improvement
- Project Teams who have been challenged to improve business processes
Course format: Multimedia presentation on the topic, combined with a diverse set of practical examples from the lecturer's practice and different companies. Discussion on the topics and individual cases from participants, as well as practical exercises.
Length: one or two days.
How we offer the course: The course is offered both in a public format (everyone can attend) and as an inhouse course. The content can be customized to suit your company's needs.
Certificate: Symix APICS Premier Channel Partner issues a certificate for completion of the course.
Type: Non-certification course. Students do not take an exam for APICS certification.
Working language: English. Translation and translated materials can be delivered on demand.
Instructor: the training is led by an instructor, certified by APCIS.