APICS is the world's leading association for supply chain management, providing education and certification programs.
Warehouse Management has three main goals:
- Receive everything that comes in the door
- Don’t lose it
- Don’t mess it up
While they may sound simple, these goals end up being a headache for companies whose warehousing objectives, strategies and principles are not clear in the mind of the employees. Join us at this seminar to help your specialists understand the field and your objectives better!
- Understand the function of warehousing from an overview perspective.
- Understand the principles of warehouse design.
- Understand the basics of materials handling equipment.
- Explain the concepts of automated material handling equipment.
- Understand the control procedures for the receiving, stocking, and inventorying of materials.
- Understand control procedures for distribution and order processing.
- Understand warehouse management systems and evaluation techniques.
- Summarize the main aspect of industrial health and safety.
- Understand the principles of transportation.
- Discuss the aspects of logistics information systems.
Who should attend:
- Professionals in supply chain, logistics, production, planning, ERP consultants.
- Companies seeking to improve their knowledge in operations management;
Benefits for your company from attending this course:
- Better inventory management and improved warehousing operations
- Better planning of future replenishments
- Better use of your resources
- Increased Profitability
Course format: Multimedia presentation on the topic, combined with a diverse set of practical examples from the lecturer's practice and different companies. Discussion on the topics and individual cases from participants, as well as practical exercises.
Length: one or two days.
How we offer the course: The course is offered both in a public format (everyone can attend) and as an inhouse course. The content can be customized to suit your company's needs.
Certificate: Symix APICS Premier Channel Partner issues a certificate for completion of the course.
Type: Non-certification course. Students do not take an exam for APICS certification.
Working language: English. Translation and translated materials can be delivered on demand.
Instructor: the training is led by an instructor, certified by APCIS.