APICS is the world's leading association for supply chain management, providing education and certification programs.
One single item prevents the manufacture and shipment of any product. Manufacturers need to have all the parts and they need them at the right time and in the right quality. Traditional order point systems leave us short one thing or another making it impossible to complete our product and satisfy our customers. Material Requirements Planning works properly plan our purchases and manufactures to ensure that shortages don’t stop us again.
During this focused, one-day workshop, you will learn the benefits of good material planning to your Customer service levels, you manufacturing efficiency and profitability. You will learn how Material Requirements Planning (MRP) works, what it needs to work correctly and how to use the output of MRP. In addition, Bill will share some tips, tricks and traps to help you to successfully operate and optimize the use of MRP in your business. Life is a constantly changing arena. Learn how MRP can help you manage the materials in that dynamic business environment.
Major Topics of the Day:
- Requirements for MRP
- Building Bills of Material for MRP
- How MRP performs its calculations
- What messages we expect to get from MRP to help us.
- How MRP uses such things as:
- Lot size rules,
- Bill of material effectivity
- Scrap and Yield
- Responding to changing using MRP
- “A day in the life of an MRP Planner”
Available Courses and Exams
MRP & BOM, Sofia, Bulgaria (16 March 2020) 16 March 2020 | Sofia, Bulgaria
Benefits to your company for attending this workshop and efficiently using material Requirements Planning will include:
- Better Customer Service
- Reduced Spoilage and Obsolescence
- Better use of your biggest asset
- Better planning of future replenishments
- Reduced Inventory
- Reduced Shortages and Expedites
- Increased Profitability
- Improved and more consistent business processes
Join us for a fun, yet intensely educational workshop!
Who should attend:
- Professionals in supply chain, logistics, production, planning, ERP consultants.
- Companies seeking to improve their knowledge in operations management;
Course format: Multimedia presentation on the topic, combined with a diverse set of practical examples from the lecturer's practice and different companies. Discussion on the topics and individual cases from participants, as well as practical exercises.
Length: one or two days.
How we offer the course: The course is offered both in a public format (everyone can attend) and as an inhouse course. The content can be customized to suit your company's needs.
Certificate: Symix APICS Premier Channel Partner issues a certificate for completion of the course.
Type: Non-certification course. Students do not take an exam for APICS certification.
Working language: English. Translation and translated materials can be delivered on demand.
Instructor: the training is led by an instructor, certified by APCIS.