APICS is the world's leading association for supply chain management, providing education and certification programs.
A good Master Schedule can make the difference between happy customers and upset customers, good performance from our facility and profit or loss. A well prepared Master Schedule can create the circumstance for us to run our businesses correctly, in the most cost-effective fashion while achieving the levels of customer service required in today’s global economy. Come join us for a hands-on workshop to learn how to properly develop a Master Schedule, how to ensure the schedule can be accomplished and how to deal with changes to that Master Schedule.
Available Courses and Exams
Currently there are no available courses For additional information or requests for Inhouse course, please contact us
- What is the Master Scheduling process:
- The Master Schedule planning grid and calculations
- Approaches to scheduling, including:
Set up/change over optimization
- Differences in Master Schedules in “Make to Order” or "Make to Stock" environments
- Time fences and zones for Master Schedule stability
- Schedule related calculations:
Projected Available balance
Available to Promise
- Specialized “planning” bills of material
- Work Center Capacity calculations
- Rough Cut Capacity planning as a validation tool for the Master Schedule
- Master Scheduler responsibilities
- Measuring Master Schedule performance
Who should attend:
- Professionals engaged in creating Master Production Schedule - MPS
- Professionals in supply chain, logistics, production, planning, ERP consultants
- Companies seeking to improve their knowledge in operations management
Benefits for your company from attending this course:
- Better Customer Service
- Better planning of future replenishments
- Better use of your resources
- Increased Profitability
Course format: Multimedia presentation on the topic, combined with a diverse set of practical examples from the lecturer's practice and different companies. Discussion on the topics and individual cases from participants, as well as practical exercises.
Length: one or two days.
How we offer the course: The course is offered both in a public format (everyone can attend) and as an inhouse course. The content can be customized to suit your company's needs.
Certificate: Symix APICS Premier Channel Partner issues a certificate for completion of the course.
Type: Non-certification course. Students do not take an exam for APICS certification.
Working language: English. Translation and translated materials can be delivered on demand.
Instructor: the training is led by an instructor, certified by APCIS.