APICS is the world's leading association for supply chain management, providing education and certification programs.
Everyone complains about inaccurate forecasts! How can we run a business if we don’t have valid forecasts? Whether you are forecasting raw materials, product sales or how many people to hire, this seminar is for you.
During this focused, one-day workshop, you will learn several basic techniques for forecasting. You will also learn about how different types of demand affect, not only what you should forecast and when. You will also learn about how to deal with forecast error and providing protection from that error. Join us to learn about it!
Major Topics of the Day
- Principles of forecasting
- Sources and patterns of demand
- Forecasting techniques: Intrinsic, extrinsic, quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Dealing with trends and seasonality
- Measuring forecast error and establishing confidence intervals
- Forecasts and capacity interfaces
Who should attend:
- Professionals in supply chain, logistics, production, planning, ERP consultants.
- Companies seeking to improve their knowledge in operations management, forecasting and demand management.
Available Courses and Exams
Currently there are no available courses For additional information or requests for Inhouse course, please contact us
Benefits to your company for attending this workshop will likely include:
- Improved forecasts
- Better Customer Service
- Better planning of future replenishments
- Better use of your resources
- Increased Profitability
Course format: Multimedia presentation on the topic, combined with a diverse set of practical examples from the lecturer's practice and different companies. Discussion on the topics and individual cases from participants, as well as practical exercises.
Length: one or two days.
How we offer the course: The course is offered both in a public format (everyone can attend) and as an inhouse course. The content can be customized to suit your company's needs.
Certificate: Symix APICS Premier Channel Partner issues a certificate for completion of the course.
Type: Non-certification course. Students do not take an exam for APICS certification.
Working language: English. Translation and translated materials can be delivered on demand.
Instructor: the training is led by an instructor, certified by APCIS.