APICS is the world's leading association for supply chain management, providing education and certification programs.
The global economy is making distribution a more significant part of a company’s strategy than ever before. Whether distributing inside one country or across the seven continents, companies must grapple with where to locate distribution centers, how many centers to have and what functions those centers must perform. In this workshop, we will explore the effects of our distribution planning.
Available Courses and Exams
Currently there are no available courses For additional information or requests for Inhouse course, please contact us
Key topics to be covered include:
- Markets and the business environment
- The effects of volume and variety
- Forecasting demand
- Forecasting versus planning for distribution: Pyramid forecasting, Allocation forecasting
- Setting inventory levels
- Determining Safety Stock levels
- Reorder point and Pull distribution
- Time phased order point
- Distribution requirements planning (DRP)
- Distribution Resource Planning (DRPII)
- Bills of distribution
- Space calculation
- Transportation costs
- Distribution costs
- Site selection
Who should attend:
- Professionals in supply chain, logistics, production, planning, ERP consultants.
- Companies seeking to improve their knowledge in operations management;
Benefits for your company from attending this course:
- Improved forecasts
- Better Customer Service
- Better planning of future replenishments
- Better use of your resources
- Increased Profitability
Course format: Multimedia presentation on the topic, combined with a diverse set of practical examples from the lecturer's practice and different companies. Discussion on the topics and individual cases from participants, as well as practical exercises.
Length: one or two days.
How we offer the course: The course is offered both in a public format (everyone can attend) and as an inhouse course. The content can be customized to suit your company's needs.
Certificate: Symix APICS Premier Channel Partner issues a certificate for completion of the course.
Type: Non-certification course. Students do not take an exam for APICS certification.
Working language: English. Translation and translated materials can be delivered on demand.
Instructor: the training is led by an instructor, certified by APCIS.