ASCM (APICS) is the world's leading association for supply chain management, providing education and certification programs.
The APICS LDI class examines the dynamics of the classroom and describes techniques to maximize learning. This course builds on the foundation developed in the prerequisite APICS Train the Trainer (TTT) course.
APICS workshop participants gain a better understanding of learning principles and styles. Discover how to select appropriate training methods, enhance listening and questioning skills, use feedback, and handle challenging situations. Workshop participants are involved in several interactive experiences throughout the two-day APICS class.
This interactive two-day, eight-session, hands-on APICS workshop includes
- identifying the elements of an effective and positive learning environment
- selecting active training methods to maximize learning
- using interactive communication skills to assess and reinforce learning
- developing and practicing strategies for handling problem situations
- enhancing the motivation of learners
- developing a deeper understanding of student's learning styles and how they affect training
- practicing impromptu speaking
- matching training methods to learning objectives
- planning for future instructional skills development
- Introduction to Course
- Impromptu Speaking
- Establishing an Adult Learning Environment
- Review of Train the Trainer Learnings/Expectations
- Matching Training Methods to Learning Objectives
- Personal Style and Preferences
- Using Interactive Communication Skills
- Handling Problem Situations
- Getting and Using Feedback
- Practice Presentations (Yours)
- Planning for the Future
Please note that you will probably want/need to do preparation, outside of class, for your 10-minute training session so plan your schedule accordingly. Again, there will not be time during class to prepare this training presentation.