ASCM (APICS) is the world's leading association for supply chain management, providing education and certification programs.
How to Maintain Your APICS/ASCM CPIM, CSCP and CLTD Certification?
Certification Maintenance Requirements
To keep your APICS certification valid, you must earn 75 professional development maintenance points every five years (100 points for APICS Fellows).
Maintenance can be fulfilled with activities you’re already doing to expand your supply chain knowledge and stay up to date on the latest supply chain trends. ASCM membership gives you six maintenance points a year – that’s 30 of your required 75 points just for being an ASCM Member.
Submit your maintenance points now on the Maintenance Application
Overview of Maintenance Requirements
If you do not maintain your certification and it suspends or expires, you no longer hold the designation and cannot claim the certification on your resume, LinkedIn, or anywhere else.
Find the specific requirements for your certification below.
CPIM, CSCP, CLTD
- You must earn a total of 75 professional development points every five years
- Certifications not maintained in five years will be suspended
- With each year your certification is suspended, you are required to submit 15 additional professional development points per year to reinstate your certification
- Certifications not reinstated after five years of suspension will expire and will require you to retake and pass your exams
- Once certification exams are passed, expired certifications will be reinstated
- Submitting the maintenance application costs $75 for APICS Members and $150 for APICS non-members
What gives you points to maintain your certification?
For the full list, download the APICS Maintenance Handbook. Some of the activities are:
- APICS certification exams passed: 20 points per exam. Legacy CPIM exams (BSCM, DSP, ECO, MPR and SMR) earn 10 points each. To prepare and register for some of the APICS exams such as CPIM Part 1, CPIM Part 2, CSCP and CLTD, see our Trainings and exams calendar.
- Completion of education or training programs (work-sponsored etc), either taken or taught - 1 point per hour if taken, 2 points per hour if taught. To attend a training which will give you points (either APICS or non-APICS non-certification class), see our Trainings and exams calendar.
- APICS conference attendance (International, S&OP etc.) - 8 points per day (maximum 3 days in a row).
- Being an APICS member - 6 points per year. Contact us for a quote for APICS membership.
- Reading relevant books (minimum of 200 pages) or full articles - 5 points per relevant book, 1/2 point for article.
- Writing relevant books or articles - 40 points per book, 5 points per article (divided by number of authors).
- Other activities found in the APICS Maintenance Handbook.
Contact us if you have any questions about maintaining your APICS certification!
Symix ASCM/APICS Premier Channel Partner is a leading provider of APICS Training and Certifications since 2004. More than 5100 participants from over than 500 organizations attended our certification preparations programs led by internationally recognized APICS instructors. For upcoming certification classes view our trainings and exams calendar or contact us for a free consultation