Skip to the content

Blog

Welcome to our Blog and News section!

New special discount for 4 participants from a company! If your company registers 4 people for one of these classes simultaneously, you will pay for 3 people only. This discount will be valid until the final registration deadline for each class. To make use of it, write to us at info@symix.org and register your participants. Reducing Your Inventory Investment, ONLINE TRAINING ...

Around this time last year, SCM Now Impact discussed the many ways in which the lockdowns of COVID-19 led to plummeting pollution levels. In fact, subsequent research has shown that we were experiencing the largest drop in fossil fuel emissions since WWII. In the article, I wrote that it was encouraging to see many supply chain leaders viewing the road to recovery as a valuable ...

This past week, President Biden signed an executive order that aims to fortify America’s supply chains, protect workers and avoid future shortages of critical components. Four key sectors were identified: pharmaceuticals, rare earth minerals, semiconductors and large-capacity batteries. “Each of the four sectors identified by the order will undergo a 100-day review to assess vu ...

Certification Maintenance Requirements To keep your APICS certification valid, you must earn 75 professional development maintenance points every five years (100 points for APICS Fellows). Maintenance can be fulfilled with activities you’re already doing to expand your supply chain knowledge and stay up to date on the latest supply chain trends. ASCM membership gives you six ma ...

Today’s supply chains are more complex than ever before. This complexity arises from several factors, some that have existed throughout time and some that are unique to this era. From extreme weather to a global health crisis – today’s market is perpetually subject to volatility. This is only compounded by shifting consumer expectations and demands, with one-day delivery and pe ...

On 1st of February 2021 Symix signed a grant contract under BG16RFOP002-2.073-17537-C01 "Supporting micro and small enterprises to overcome the economic consequences caused by the COVID-19 pandemic” Procedure, which is part of the Operational Program "Innovation and Competitiveness” 2014-2020. Click here for more information in Bulgarian. ...

Inventory management is a little like the classic Goldilocks fable. Too much inventory burns cash, clutters warehouses, and complicates operations. But too little inventory is equally harmful, freezing a business in its tracks, killing sales, and damaging reputations. For supply chain professionals, the challenge is navigating the delicate balance between too much and too littl ...

“Trust is fragile in a digital world,” write the authors of a new PwC study, Time for trust: The trillion-dollar reasons to rethink blockchain. They note that more than half of CEOs surveyed believe faltering trust is a threat to their organization. Increasingly, companies are wary of cybercrime, fraud, data loss or misuse, and other risks associated with the internet, digital ...

In 2018, Dr. Ugur Sahin addressed a conference room of infectious disease experts, making a bold — and ultimately prophetic — statement. He announced that his company, BioNTech, could use its messenger RNA technology for rapid development of a vaccine in the event of a global pandemic. At the time, COVID-19 didn’t exist, and BioNTech had never even brought a product to market. ...

It’s been nearly eight months since the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic. In that time, millions have endured national lockdowns, with many making an abrupt pivot to remote work. In fact, about 40% of the U.S. labor force is able to work from home — which begs the question: What about the other 60%? “The pandemic is starkly reframing societal inequalities ...

ASCM (APICS)

ASCM (APICS) is the world's leading association for supply chain management, providing education and certification programs.

Contact Us

Symix ASCM Premier Channel Partner